Ice Hold Requests / Immigration Detainers
- Advisory on ICE's 2012 Revised Detainer Guidance and Form [PDF] – Explains ICE's 2012 policy changes and new form for immigration detainers
- All in One Guide to Defeating ICE Hold Requests (English) [PDF] – A manual for organizers on how to prevent local law enforcement from holding immigrants for ICE.
- La Guía Completa: Cómo Vencer Las Peticiones De Holds De ICE (Spanish) [PDF] – Una guia para ayudar a las comunidades a prevenir las deportaciones por medio de mantener a la policía local separado de los asuntos del control migratorio.
Appendices to the All-in-One Guide to Defeating ICE Hold Requests
- Appendix 1: General and county specific fact sheets and questions for a first meeting with public officials
- Appendix 2: Sample requests for information to police, jails, and ICE under state and federal freedom of information laws
- Appendix 3: Legal and policy documents on ICE detainers/hold requests
- Appendix 4: Letters from public officials on detainer policies
- Appendix 5: Talking points, messaging and discussion points, and editorials
- Appendix 6: Legislation and administrative policies relating to ICE hold requests/Detainers
- Appendix 7: New Laws, Bills, Ordinances, Policies, and Draft Legislation on ICE Detainers (Since March 2012)
- Appendix 8: Background Information and Reports
- Appendix 9: Documents Showing That ICE Detainers are not Mandatory for Local Law Enforcement
- Appendix 10: Materials and Information for Talking About Immigration, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety
- Appendix 11: Sample Campaign Flyers and Fact Sheets