It is hard to believe this is my last year-end message to you. 32 years of fighting together for immigrant rights.
It has been an enormous privilege. We have accomplished a lot together. Can I ask you one final favor?
Can you dig deep to contribute to our work before year-end?Donate to NIPNLG Today »
Here are just a few reasons why. In 2018, the NIPNLG:
- Filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump for unlawfully ending temporary protected status (TPS) for Haitians, that is heading to trial in 2019
- Had its amicus brief in Dimaya v. Sessions form part of the Supreme Court’s decision in finding part of the aggravated felony definition unconstitutional
- Exposed huge Fortune 500 companies’ complicity in developing deportation technology for DHS (Department of Homeland Security), which was covered in the New York Times
- Sued to challenge ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) arrests of immigrant rights activists in violation of their First Amendment rights
- Obtained dismissals of ICE courthouse arrests of domestic violence survivors in Charlotte, NC
- Filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request that exposed Executive Branch misconduct in decision-making, which CNN covered; and
- Supported communities in struggle by being available 24/7 to respond to their legal needs.
Your partnership, our incredibly dedicated and skilled staff, our members’ support, and our board’s guidance enabled NIPNLG to achieve these results, and many more, despite being run on a shoestring budget. Rest assured that NIPNLG uses your donation wisely.
Please donate as much as you can this year. I want to ensure a solid financial footing for my successor at this organization that I love, and which I know will continue its principled struggle for justice. Please help us to set a new fundraising record this year.